Monday, March 11, 2013

New Release Tuesday! 3/12/13























New Release Tuesday is back on the blog!

We are so sorry that our posts have fallen by the wayside, however, we are here to assure you that they are back, and better than ever! Starting first, with new releases this week.

Tomorrow is actually a fairly big day for DVD/Blu-Ray, with big blockbuster heavy hitters like Life of Pi, Hitchcock, and Rise of the Guardians.

While I haven't seen any of these titles yet, I know my wife has been hounding me to watch Life of Pi with her, so we'll be sitting down to watch that one in the next day or two. It's being billed as the next Avatar and is apparently supposed to be pretty amazing, and visually stunning. I'll have to do a blog review of this one for you guys after I watch it this week. So look out for that.

Next is Hitchcock. Again, while I haven't seen it, it is my understanding that this movie focuses on the relationship between Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, during the making of Psycho. Apparently she had a pretty important role in how the film was written and visualized. I'll probably rent this one and check it out before committing to the purchase, as I've heard mixed reviews. However, anything with Helen Mirren and Anthony Hopkins, you know it's just got to be good.

Rounding out the top releases this week are Rise of the Guardians and Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Apart. The first, is the latest release from Dreamworks. A nice family film, just in time for Easter. Finally, the Cirque movie. I'm actually secretly excited for this one. I went to see Cirque live several years ago, and I was in total awe. I'm curious to see how it translates to the screen. While I am sure it can not even come close to comparing to the live events, amazing is amazing, so we'll see.

Finally, as always, I leave you with the complete list of all the other titles releasing this week. Thanks for reading, and be sure to email us, or shoot us a message on Facebook letting us know if you've seen any of these flicks and what your thoughts were, we'd love to share them on our podcasts!


- Franc


Other Releases for 3/12/13

• Smashed
• Sound City
• This Must be the Place
• Kumare
• You've Been Trumped
• The First Time
• Grave Encounters 2
• In Their Skin
• Storage 24
• Law & Order: Criminal Intent: The Final Year
• The Mob Doctor: The Complete Series

No comments:

Post a Comment