Monday, January 28, 2013

Dead Space 3 Demo Continued!


Pol in red Dre in blue.  Like a boss!


Hey guys.  So, Dre and I decided to try out the demo on Co-Op.

First, my thoughts on playing through it solo.  The game looks and feels amazing.  The camera doesn't jerk around and place you in awkward positions. (I don't need to know if Issac is wearing Hanes).

The Demo is short, but gives you a feel for many of the new features of the game, as Dre pointed out earlier...Customization!! But not just for your weapon, your armor as well.  With the items you pick up early on you get to see what it's like to build your very own weapon, and it does not disappoint. I feel like I will be spending A LOT of time figuring out what combination of things will be OP.  Dre has already talked about the single player, so we move on to Co-Op.

The co-op story (in the demo at least) seems to stay mostly the same. The cut scenes are different (depending on which character you're playing), as John Carver and Issac Clarke are helping each other to get out of whatever bind they may be finding themselves in.  But as expected, having two guns is better than one.  Dre and I blew through the demo in what seemed to be only a few minutes.  We probably spent more time playing with our guns (teehee) than going through the game play.

All in all, the demo shows you just enough to make you want to play straight through the game two or three times.  I'm as excited about this game as I am for Heart of the Swarm. Get ready to build some nasty alien decapitating laser shotguns. Oh and be ready to jump, those mo-fo's come from everywhere!!

If you like reading this, follow Franc, Dre and myself on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks everyone, let me know if you have specific games you want my opinion on!  Email us at pausedreviews@gmail.com.  Updates on Halo 4 Spartan Ops and my play through of XCOM coming soon!

-Pol



EA created an amazing world.

4 comments:

  1. You need to review Blops 2 and tell the world how 60 frames of silky smooth gameplay on the Box (not the Japanese Box) feels like.

    Holla if you hear me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm baaaackk. First of all how is this guy gonna comment on DS3 and he was to scared to play the first 2! Your credibility is gone son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're back! Send more people to read it!! :D

      -Pol

      Delete
  3. Hahahahaha! Dre, looks like you just got called out!

    ReplyDelete