Monday, January 28, 2013

New Release Tuesday! January 29, 2013






Get excited folks, tomorrow is New Release Tuesday! There are some great titles coming out tomorrow, and here is a quick look at a few.

Seven Psychopaths and The Awakening are two movies that I missed in theaters, and was super bummed I had. I'm crazy excited to get my hands on these and check them out. The Awakening didn't do well on the review circuit, but the story line really interested me. Plus I think Rebecca Hall and Dominic West are two really great actors, and I hope they bring it in this one!

Seven Psychopaths basically speaks for itself. The trailer was amazing, it looked hilarious, and literally stars everyone you want to see in a movie. Can't wait to watch this one. While I'll probably check out The Awakening on XBox video or Redbox before comitting to the buy, I'll definitely be getting Seven Psychopaths tomorrow, so look out for my Blu-ray review this week.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns part 2 is definitely a much anticipated release on my end. The first installment of this animated feature, based on Frank Miller's ground-breaking graphic novel, was brilliant. We've had to wait ages for part 2, and now that it's here I can't wait! By the way, if you haven't read the novel, do it, you won't regret it! This will definitely be owned by me in less than 24 hours!

Downton Abbey: Season 3 is one that I would like to say will be purchased for the Mrs. but as any of you who know me can attest, I'm super stoked for this release as well. A great show, with an amazing cast. While I'll admit, as the seasons progress, some of the plot lines become a little too convenient, overall, it's an amazing show. I recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it. The best part is you can catch seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix instant, and I'm sure season 3 will be added shortly. Side note, if you're a fan, take a few hours to rewatch Notting Hill, and see Lord Grantham (Hugh Bonneville) as you've never seen him before!

Hotel Transylvania is one for the kiddies. I haven't seen it myself, or read much on it, but there it is and it comes out tomorrow. Along with Paranormal Activity 4. This is a franchise that like Scary Movie should've ended with the first one. I haven't seen this one yet, but 2 and 3 were so awful, I can only imagine the gem this one will be. Who knows, it may Rocky us all, where the first was brilliant, 2 and 3 made you want to drive to Sly's house and slap him right in the face, but then 4 came out of nowhere and made you ashamed you ever doubted it. I'll give it a quick watch and let you know, but don't hold your breath, I'm sure it will be terrible.

A few other random releases tomorrow are:

• Hello I Must Be Going
• Citadel
• Noobz
• Cold Light of Day
• Femme Fatales: Season 1
• Pan Am: Season 1

Thanks for reading, and remember you can subscribe to this blog by entering your email in the right-hand column. Doing this will send you an email notification whenever a new blog has been posted, so you never have to miss a word!

You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or email us at pausedreviews@gmail.com!

Let us know what you are watching, playing or thinking, you may even be included in our next podcast!

Thanks all,

Franc

No comments:

Post a Comment