Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Dear Lord, please let me live until June 14th..."



This has been my prayer these past few nights, and now, after having watched the new trailer for Man of Steel, I will continue this prayer with renewed vigor.

There are few movies, nay, few things in my life as a whole, that I have looked forward to more than the release of this film. I dare you, our fans and loyal readers, to name any movie, ever, that has been more highly anticipated, more built up, or has set the bar of expectation so high.

This trailer certainly doesn't help. This film will go down as one of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time, or will be remembered as the greatest disappointment in movie history. With a cast like this, and a trailer that provides a glimpse of beautiful cinematography, incredible acting, and a perfectly sculpted script, no film has ever had so much to deliver.

Check out the new trailer here, and I dare you to tell me I'm wrong.

I will be there on opening night, fighting the traffic and the crowds, with pregnant wife in tow. I hope and pray that years from now, when I watch it with my soon-to-be born son, I can turn to him and say, "Gabriel, my darling son and heir to my name...you were there, you were there."

I will end with this final thought. Though I am probably the biggest Batman fan you will ever meet, I have been adamantly opposed to the idea of a Justice League run of films. However, if DC can pull off this film, with Bale and company willing and able to join Cavil, I am open to seeing where they can take it.

Of course, we'll have to see how they can handle of few of the other "questionable" members of the League and their films. However, a door that was locked and sealed in my eyes, would now have a peep hole where we can see what might come knocking.

Anyways, check it out, share your thoughts in comments here, or by email, or on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment